Due to the school closure, we have created a range of online links to resources, activities and exercises that pupils can engage with at home.
If you have any questions related to distance learning you can email firstname.lastname@example.org We may not reply immediately, but we'll do our best!
Seesaw is our way of communicating directly between the children and their teacher.
It can be accessed in a web browser at https://app.seesaw.me on a computer or install the Seesaw Class App on an iOS OR Android.
Children’s login details can be found in their book sent home on 20th March. Email email@example.com if you are having any issues logging in.
Teachers will be regularly updating Seesaw with activities for children to do and will respond to comments. Children just have to post a message on or add an image or file for teachers to view.
Children in Playgroup and Reception
Here are some presentations about maths, reading and Easter that Mrs Francis has found which you might want to show and talk to your child about:
Parents are still encouraged to use Seesaw to demonstrate what children are learning and experiencing at home or out and about. In the upcoming weeks, Mrs Francis will try her best to comment on Seesaw updates and set new challenges!
Weekly tasks have been set on Mathletics (https://www.mathletics.com/uk/ ) for children in Years 1-6 - logins are in children's home school diaries.
By the end of year 4, children are expected to know all of their multiplication tables up to 12x12 and be able to recall them within 6 seconds. Here are some useful online activities to help you practice and learn them:
- Tables Check Activity https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477 (remember that the: 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12 tables appear more often in the Year 4 tables check!)
- Super Maths Bowling – Multiplication https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/504/Super-Maths-Bowling-Multiplication
- Stone Age Stu https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/544/Stone-Age-Stu-Times-Tables
- Archery Arithmetic - Multiplication https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/399
- Hit the Button – Times Tables https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Tables Tennis - http://ictgames.com/tablesTennis/mobile/index.html
- Times Tables Songs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWMPqh04o4&list=PLaSZ7kwwxKqV9LMVo6h7Vx36mPybTo14B
Telling the Time
Being able to tell the time is not only part of the National Curriculum but also an important life skill – any practice that children could do at home would be really helpful. Here are some great games:
- Telling the time in words - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/343
- Telling the time on a digital clock - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116
- Adding time word problems - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/118
- Find the start time - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/119
- NumberFit - A free online home-school hotline providing parents and students with free maths sessions.
- Home learning packs from Hamilton Trust - https://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/blog/learning-home-packs/
Please continue to read as much as possible at home.
Children can login to Reading Eggs and practice phonics skills and read online books.
We love reading at St Paul’s and so to encourage the children to read for pleasure more. Free, online books can be found here:
- Oxford Owl has over 200 free e-books to read with your child - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Here are some classic children's books, free to read or listen to - https://www.researchify.co.uk/audiobooks.html
- Join Wrexham Library to rent children’s e-books for free – https://wcbc-self.achieveservice.com
- Harry Potter free audible book and resources! https://www.wizardingworld.com/news/introducing-hp-at-home
Daily videos of phonics lessons can be found here: - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ/videos
These link to the RWI phonic scheme we follow in school already.
This is what we recommend on these games:
Reception - Play the games at Phase 2 and Phase 3 Levels
Year 1 – Play the games at Phase 4 and Phase 5 Levels (National phonics check in June)
Year 2 – Play the games at Phase 6 Level
- Phonics Play: Free interactive activities to help your child learn the sounds and how they are taught in school. Split into different 'phases'. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Teach Your Monster to Read: Free interactive activities to help your child learn the sounds and how they are taught in school. Split into different 'phases'. https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/blog/teach-monster-learn-to-read-app-free-coronavirus
- Sentence Stacking - https://www.youtube.com/user/Devouefrenchbulldogs/videos
Twinkl are offering free access for all parents and carers until the end of April. Go to https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and sign up. Use the promo code UKTWINKLHELPS.
Look and Read
- Through the Dragon’s Eye - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F2EF09768DF6A0
- Geordie Racer – https://photos.app.goo.gl/FcpLYWjmPfc4Yigf6
- Sky Hunter II - https://photos.app.goo.gl/sn2WJyQrSmbB3Gcr8
- Spywatch - https://photos.app.goo.gl/P7E65IZtluAg8dlD3
- Legend of the Lost Keys - https://photos.app.goo.gl/admHFaCL6v17zFeG6
The Body Coach has recently uploaded lots of 5-minute workout videos for children to do at home to keep them active - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLoPd4VxBvPHOpzoEk5onAEbq40g2-k
A selection of videos created by child development experts based on movement and mindfulness: http://www.gonoodle.com
Use your imagination to complete these 30 days of Lego challenges - https://twitter.com/DrJacieMaslyk/status/1239173501233266688
Easy recipes to try at home
Cook a Long at home:
Wildlife with Steve Backshall
On Facebook every day at 9.30am, Steve will be answering questions all about wildlife, biology, conservation and geography.
Science with Maddie Moate
11am on weekdays are the perfect opportunity to tune into Maddie to learn all about science and nature.
The Great Indoors will be a weekly live video feed and activities include making lolly-stick catapults, origami and designing and making hot-air balloons and all activities can be done in the house or garden.
Visit 12 Famous Museums without leaving your home! https://hellogiggles.com/news/museums-with-virtual-tours/?utm_term=A36AA812-655E-11Ea-97D8-7D87C28169F1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=hellogiggles_hellogiggles&fbclid=lwAR03QTUCSiLhLB9aC3tXDDvHmvqn7ntgzBaB0Ze8dz-TOZRI8CX94vRI5Hs
Music with Myleene Klass
She’s uploading to the new youtube channel twice a week.
Digital concerts is now free! Listen to classical music from the Philharmonie Berlin. https://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/titelgeschichten/20192020/digital-concert-hall/
Music in the Garden
Find out how to make music in the garden with natural materials. https://schoolgardening.rhs.org.uk/Resources/Activity/Make-Music-in-the-Garden
Nature Art for Kids.
33 art activities for you to try at home. https://artfulparent.com/nature-art-for-kids/
Flower pressing activity and many more easy art activities. https://www.redtedart.com/how-to-press-flowers/?cn-reloaded=1
Teachers are available Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm for any support you need.